Reservation & Letting Conditions
1. The tenancy agreement shall be between the Tenant and the Owner.
2. A Reservation Form may be submitted by fax or e-mail and a reservation will be held for 5 days following receipt of the form. After this a copy of the Reservation Form must be submitted by post and be accompanied by a deposit of 30% of the total rental. Following acceptance of the reservation the balance of the rental shall be paid in full six weeks before commencement of the holiday. On reservations made six weeks or less before the commencement of the holiday, the total rental is payable on submission of the Reservation Form.
3. If the balance of the rental is not paid by the due date the Owner shall be entitled to cancel the reservation and the Tenant will forfeit their deposit. If the Tenant wishes to cancel the reservation he/she must advise the Owner in writing.
• Please note our cancellation policy is as follows:
• A 30% non-refundable deposit is due to confirm all bookings. Full payment is due 6 weeks before departure plus £300 per week refundable good housekeeping deposit. Please endeavour to report any damages and leave the house in a reasonably clean condition upon departure. You may be charged damages if we have to employ extra staff to clean the house after your departure, if it is left in an unacceptable state. We appreciate your co-operation in this matter.
On booking 30% non-refundable deposit is due
(unless booked within 6 weeks of arrival date then the full amount is due)
If you cancel more than 6 weeks prior to your arrival
No additional charges are due other than your non-refundable deposit
At 6 weeks prior to your arrival full payment is due
If you cancel 4-6 weeks prior to your arrival
50% of total rental will be returned to you
If you cancel 2-4 weeks prior to your arrival
25% of total rental
If you cancel 2 weeks or less prior to your arrival
No refunds will be due
You are strongly advised to take out travel insurance, to cover any necessary cancellations etc.
• Your £300 per week good housekeeping deposit will be returned at whatever stage you cancel. We reserve the right to give written notice of cancellation of reservations due to unforeseen circumstances. In this instance all monies will be refunded.
5. All clients must arrange their own comprehensive travel insurance; to include full cancellation cover, sickness & health, personal belongings and public liabilities etc as this is not covered by our or the community insurances. We will require proof that you have adequate insurance in place 6 weeks prior to departure. We will not be responsible for any loss or injury. We will require proof of your holiday insurance on the booking form, please state insurance company and your policy number.
6. Upon the grant of tenancy the Tenant has the right to quietly use and enjoy the house for the agreed period. The Tenant agrees to keep the House and all furniture, fittings and effects in or on the property in the same state of repair and condition as the same are in at the commencement of the letting (reasonable wear and tear excepted) and shall pay for any breakages.
7. Except by prior arrangement no more than the stated numbers of persons may occupy the house and the owner or agent has the right to refuse to admit more than the number of persons reserved for the House. If the Owner or Agent becomes aware that more than the booked number of visitors is occupying the property he/she has the right to cancel the booking and require all persons to leave the property immediately: no refund will be made.
8. The House must be left reasonably clean and tidy at the end of the holiday.
9. Bed linen and towels are provided for the amount of persons occupying the House. 1 set of linen and towels are included in the price whether for 1 or 2 weeks. During a 2 week let, if a change of linen is required after the first week, then the cost of this is payable direct to our agent. A washing machine is available to do your own laundry. On departure we ask that you strip the beds and all bed linen left in the bedrooms, towels and tea towels can be left in situ.
10. The period of letting is from 4pm on the arrival Sunday until 10am on the concluding Sunday, unless prior special arrangements have been agreed. The keys will either be handed over by our agent or will be left in the key safe, details of which will be sent to you upon receipt of your balance. If our agent is unable to greet you, they will call you the following day.
11. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the details in the brochure, the owner and agent shall not be held responsible for any mistakes or changes beyond their control.
12. The use of all the amenities where offered such as swimming pool, lake, barbeques, games equipment etc is entirely at the user’s risk and the owner and agent will not accept responsibility for injury to the Tenant, his guests and third parties or loss or damage to their belongings, vehicles or its contents belonging to the Tenant or any member of his party howsoever caused.
13. No smoking is allowed anywhere in the house or garages. If you do smoke outside please use the ashtrays provided on the terraces. Do not smoke around the pool area and please do not discard cigarette ends on the ground.
14. Glassware is not allowed around the pool area, if glass gets into the pool it will have to be shut down, drained and refilled, which will disrupt your holiday.
15. No Pets are allowed at Chanteloube.